Bring tasty Christmas Cookies back into your festive traditions with this low-carb biscuit recipe!
- 2.5 cups / 250g almond flour
- ½ cup / 90g xylotol
- 2 egg whites large
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coffee (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 150 Celsius / 300 Fahrenheit.
2. Beat the egg whites into soft peaks. Slowly mix in the xylotol until the mixture is stiff.
3. Add the almond flour and spices and stir until combined.
4. Form a dough ball and roll it out around ½ to 1 centimetre thick between 2 sheets of baking paper.
5. Place in the freezer to chill for around 15 minutes. This is an important step – it makes cutting out the dough much easier.
6. Remove from the freezer, lift the top baking paper sheet and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Place on a baking tray line with parchment paper.
7. Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
8. Let cool completely, then ice with sugar free icing – ½ cup powdered sweetener mixed with 1 tbsp water.
Get Your Ingredients
Ground from lightly air-roasted, Unblanched, Almond Nuts. Ideal for smoothies, baking recipes or topping for salads.